Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Promise of an Angel

 Judith is turning nineteen and sure her future is set with the courting and marriage of Levi Plank. When Judith's younger brother Samuel is hurt in an accident at a barn raising, she is sure she sees an angel. In her quest to convince the Amish community of what she has seen an heard from the angel named Tobias she ends up alienating herself and turning members of family and her community against her.

Through this time her friendship with Andrew, the bishop's son becomes stronger. Andrew believes Judith and many times is her only friend. As time goes on many of the people in Judith's life show true colors and through it all Judith and Andrew stay true to their faith and each other even if it means losing their family and community.

This was my first time reading the Amish Genre and I read this book in one sitting. I was taken with the characters and I loved Judith's deep love for her family and deeper faith. Her connection and her desire to do what was right in the eyes of God was heartwarming to read. Andrew's patience, awkwardness and his ultimate love for Judith and God was so touching and as a reader I was routing for him at the turn of each page. I found the story completely transfixing,entertaining and so worth the read! I loved it and I am looking forward to the next in the series!

This book was given to me by Booksneeze in exchange for the review.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I might have normally picked up this book, but your review makes it sound really interesting. My reading list is getting longer and longer! =)

    I have a giveaway this week, by the way, at my other blog (The Writing Apprentice), if you're interested. Thanks!

    -Miss GOP
    www.thewritingapprentice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this intro ~

    ReplyDelete