Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bossy Pants

I have to say that listening to this book is why it was as  funny as it was. I think I would have laughed if I had read it myself, but her voice inflections and impersonations were what made this book funny.Her stories of her early days with the comedy team and of course the chapter about her father were what made me hold my stomach laughing hysterically.

There were parts that I of course wanted to skip over and that's what you get when you read or listen to a memoir, however, I would strongly suggest this as an audio. Tina Fey is smart, funny and of course always entertaining. Her book gives an insight into the Sarah Palin parodies as well as SNL and although I enjoyed it it didn't keep my glued to the book.  It is what it is -- a book written to entertain and for the most part it did that.

Out of 5 stars I give this book a 3 1/2 stars.

Happy Reading and Enjoy a cup of tea!
Kara

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the "audio suggestion." There are books that I find are best savored when one can listened to it being read. Rick Bragg is one of my favorite authors and I enjoy hearing him "read" his books.

    ReplyDelete