Friday, May 13, 2011

Every Last One


Mary Beth Latham is a mother of three teenage children: Ruby, 17, and twin boys Alex and Max,14. She has a career as a landscaper and her husband is a doctor. Taking care of her family is what her life is about and when her children have trials or wins in life she experiences those along with them. An act of violence shakes Mary Beth to her very soul and her sense of who she is and what her life will be is truly tested.

The very details of the everyday life hit very close to home and allowed me to feel as though I was in the kitchen or at the doctor's office as I read the thoughts that were going through Mary Beth's mind. I found myself feeling the tension between the characters in the story and as the violence happened I was shocked and mesmerized  by what happened next. I liked the characters and I love how they evoked emotion as they developed; some I grew to like and some even let me down. A worthwhile read with masterful storytelling that stays with you.

I found this book a great read and definitely a book to pass along. I give it a 4 1/2 stars out of 5.
Kara

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, very cheerful :)
    I read this book also and your review was spot-on! Enjoy-- Rae
    http://thebestobooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete