Friday, May 13, 2011

Water For Elephants the Movie!!!

I try hard not to ever judge a movie by the book.  Mainly, because I try to think of it as two separate forms of entertainment and I don't want to combine or compare the two.  I have read books and thought they were okay then saw the movie and loved it, and of course loved the book and saw the movie and hated it.  In this case I LOVED both.  I thought the movie was wonderful!!!!

After sitting through the torture of the Twilight movie, I was not sure what to make of Robert Pattinson playing the part of Emile.  He was perfect for the role of the shy veterinarian who, after losing his parents, ends up working with the circus as a vet and falling in love with Marlena. I have to say he can act. I think this movie will allow him more serious roles and get out of the "teen heartthrob" role.

Reese Witherspoon was beautiful in the part of Marlena.  Although I didn't think this was her best acting, she played the part  well and believably. Actually, she seemed comfortable on an elephant which I can't imagine is easy. Although she was the headliner in the movie I don't believe this will be her most remembered role.

By the far, the best actor of the movie was Christoph Waltz, who was Marlena's husband August and the owner of the circus. You want to hate him and you want to like him and at one point you even start to feel a little sorry for him.  I thought he defined what the movie was about and really played August as he was portrayed in the book to a "T." 

Whether you have read the book or not, this movie is amazing - from the animals to the costumes and the storyline, I loved it and can't wait to buy the DVD (which, if you don't know me, I don't watch DVDs so that is saying something).  AWESOME!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you liked the movie. I have not seen it yet and was concerned about Pattinson's portrayal of the character.

    ReplyDelete