Sunday, May 15, 2011

Saving Cee Cee Honeycut

Twelve year old Cee Cee Honeycutt has been her mother Camille's caretaker and with the lipstick smeared 1951 Vivaldi Onion Queen as your mother, life can be a little frustrating and embarrassing.  However, when her mother is hit by a truck her and her father decides he can't raise her, Cee Cee finds herself on the road to Savannah with her unknown great aunt Tootie Caldwell.

Tootie helps CeeCee begin her life with a cast of women who will forever change her life and bring her a summer she will never forget.  From Thelma Rae Goodpepper, the neighbor who bathes in her backyard bathtub, to Oletta Jones, the housekeeper who grows to love CeeCee and teach her what it is to live in a home filled with love, to Violene Hobbs, the town gossip. The Story is a southern novel with female friendship and charm that makes you laugh out loud and have to grab a box of Kleenex on the next page.

Not since the Secret Life of Bees have I smiled so much and my heart was actually singing when I read this book with the feelings of happiness.  I have bought this book for so many of my friends knowing they would love it.  I thought the characters were so likable and of course the wisdom and kindness of Ms.Gertrude Odell was my favorite.  I loved each one of these women and wished I could have them in my life.  I hope it becomes a movie!
 
On a scale of 1 to 5 this was a 5 for me!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment