Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Night Road


Jude Farraday's entire life revolved around her twins Mia and Zach.  In eighteen years,Jude did everything to keep them safe and on track for college. When Lexi Baill, after losing her heroin addicted mother and living in foster home after foster home, moves into the small community, she is welcomed into the Farraday family as one of their own, becoming Mia's best friend and the love of Zach's life. Life has always been easy until one decision rips the family apart and changes the Farraday family and Lexi forever.

In the years to follow, each must face the consequences of those choices and find a way to heal, forget, and live with the choices. The hardest part of that decision is finding that courage to forgive. A heartbreaking novel that captures pain of loss and the power of hope.

I was excited to read this book as I am a fan of Kristin Hannah; of course, this book did not disappoint.  A story that was full of twist and turns as it went on, I enjoyed the plot line and found myself  engaged in the story.  The character's were complex and yet I liked the relationship between Mia and Lexi.  I felt like we got to be let in on their friendship as the reader.  The family dynamic, although over the top, was also believable and as a mother I felt many of the emotions Jude felt in wanting to protect her children (although I like to think I'm not as bad as her).

I did find myself needing a box of tissue at some points in the story and I did feel many times a real connection to the characters. Overall a great book and definitely a book that will stay with me, as will the characters. Not a light read but a great read!!!!  Enjoy it!

I rate this book a 5 out of 5 stars!!!!
Happy Reading, and enjoy a book and Tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment